- 4 chicken breasts, skin on
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablesp. olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
Ingredients for Fennel Salad
- 2 fennel bulbs, sliced thinly as possible
- 2 tablesp. olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablesp. good quality mustard
- Handful rocket leaves per person
- An hour or two ahead if possible place the chicken breasts in a shallow dish.
- Pour over the lemon juice, olive oil and seasoning.
- Prepare the salad – put the sliced fennel in a large bowl, in another small bowl mix the olive oil, lemon juice and mustard together, taste for seasoning.
- Mix the fennel and dressing together – set aside.
- Seal the chicken breasts on a hot pan until well browned.
- Then finish cooking in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
Slice the chicken, serve with a mound of the salad and the rocket leaves on top. Drizzle with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar and a little black pepper.
Courtesy of Bord Bia
Valued for its foodie and household uses, honey has also gained respect for its healing properties read more
In addition to sunlight’s soothing warmth, we need it to create vitamin D read more
Interview with Carer of the Year
I do remember my darkest moments, thinking my life was over as I knew it read more
Who’s Here To Help
Headway aims to help people to rebuild their lives after a brain injury read more
Research & Hope
Acupuncture originated in China, where traditional medicine believes that the body functions at its optimum when it is in balance read more
I Wish Someone Had Told Me
“… it’s OK to ask for and accept help. Even if you think you are wonder woman, you cannot be everything to everyone” read more
You Couldn’t Make This Up
“Bunny …often needed to be imaginative and then even more imaginative to survive. She told us this story with much laughter.” read more
Easy, healthy Recipes
A selection of easy-to-prepare recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner read more