- 11/2lb/675g filleted cod
- 1 onion finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Few drops of lemon juice
- 1/4pt/150mls water
- 1/2pt/275mls milk
- 1oz/25g margarine
- 1 dessertspoon of flour
- 8 potatoes (cooked and mashed)
- Skin the fish and cut into 4 pieces. Wash in cold water.
- Place in a saucepan with onion and lemon juice. Add the water and milk. Cover and cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Drain the fish, saving the stock.
- Melt the margarine in a saucepan. Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes until it forms a soft ball. Remove from heat and add the fish stock gradually. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Grease a pie dish and add a little sauce. Place fish in a dish and cover with remaining sauce.
- Using a piping bag with a rose nozzle, pipe the mashed potatoes around edge of dish or spoon the potatoes around the edge.
- Brown under the grill or in the oven.
Published with the kind permission of safefood.
Valued for its foodie and household uses, honey has also gained respect for its healing properties read more
In addition to sunlight’s soothing warmth, we need it to create vitamin D read more
Interview with Carer of the Year
I do remember my darkest moments, thinking my life was over as I knew it read more
Who’s Here To Help
Headway aims to help people to rebuild their lives after a brain injury read more
Research & Hope
Acupuncture originated in China, where traditional medicine believes that the body functions at its optimum when it is in balance read more
I Wish Someone Had Told Me
“… it’s OK to ask for and accept help. Even if you think you are wonder woman, you cannot be everything to everyone” read more
You Couldn’t Make This Up
“Bunny …often needed to be imaginative and then even more imaginative to survive. She told us this story with much laughter.” read more
Easy, healthy Recipes
A selection of easy-to-prepare recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner read more